Recipe by Sage
Comfort food for a cold winter evening. I gave my Rice pudding a boost by making it Brulee with my torch.
Top Review by A Good Thing
Creamy and very yummy! Will make this again but either cook it a bit longer or use less liquid...I found it just a tad too moist. But the flavor is there for sure! Thanks, Sage. (:
- 1⁄3 short-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, soaked and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice and water in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until the rice is very tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- Combine sugar,cornstarch and salt.
- Add milk and sugar mixture to rice.
- Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture into beaten egg yolks.
- Immediately pour back into saucepan; add raisins and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently just until mixture starts to bubble; remove from heat.
- Cover and let sit on countertop for 1 hour before serving.