Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My wife loves rice custard and I found this recipe on the internet. It's source was listed as Possum Kingdom Lake Cookbook
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup light raisins
- Break eggs into 2 quart buttered casserole;.
- beat slightly with a fork.
- Add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Blend well.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Set casserole dish in a pan of water.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring once after 30 minutes of baking.
I cooked WAY to much rice the other day, so I put the leftovers in the fridge with the intent to hunt out a recipe....then along came this adoptee swap and there was my recipe. I made exactly as directed and can't think of a thing I would change, except to maybe sprinkle a little nutmeg on top for the last 15 minutes of cooking. It doesn't really need it taste wise, it would just add a little to the presentation. You have a winner here as far as I am concerned.