Recipe by Gingerbee
Good ole potato pancakes..what could be better, quicker and more economical? This delicious simple recipe makes a meal, or an appetizer. Try this out on your family...
Top Review by Lisa in Oregon
I want to rate this recipe higher then 5 stars... I just got done making these and they are easy and oh so good... My mother used to make these when I was a little girl... they taste just like hers...brings tears to my eyes.... Thanks you ..
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate potatoes and onion, place in bowl and cover; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Liquid will run from the potato/onion mixture.
- Drain any liquid that forms.
- Stir in the slightly beaten eggs.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- On the stovetop, in a large heavy skillet, heat cooking oil on medium heat.
- Drop potato batter into pan and flatten, (size is personal choice) and brown on both sides.
- Cook for 5- 7 minutes on each side.
- Drain on brown paper.
- Serve with warm cinnamon applesauce or sour cream and chives.