Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful homemade pecan pie--better than any frozen pie could ever be!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 whole pecans (for topping)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, but don’t let it brown.
- Mix in the sugar and corn syrup and cook, stirring over medium heat, until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour in pie shell and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour, or until firm when shaken.
I am a connoisseur of pecan pie. For years I made pecan pie that every one liked. This one is the best I have ever made.The recipe is simple and outstanding. An entire house full of guests raved about it.