- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet on stove to frying temperature.
- Slice onion in rings.
- Combine baking powder, salt, flour, egg, & water in a large bowl to make the batter. Stir until mixed.
- Dip onion rings into batter.
- Immediately place dipped rings into frying oil.
- Cook until golden brown. You may need to flip the onion ring if your oil isn't very deep.