Recipe by Mysterygirl
I love this lemonade and have just been waiting for warmer weather to share with everyone. You may want to adjust the amount of sugar to your liking as this is on the sweet side.
Top Review by Audrey M
I had a large bag of lemons from a food warehouse that I needed to use up. I loved the idea of adding oranges to this recipe. A nice change from your normal lemonade. I also made some with limes instead of oranges.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 oranges
- 6 lemons
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 2 1/2 c Water and sugar till the sugar dissolves.
- Grate 2 Tbsp of peel from the oranges.
- Squeeze juice from the oranges and lemons.
- Add juices and peel to cool syrup; pour over mint leaves if used.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain into jars; cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, mix equal parts fruit syrup and water.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with fruit slices and mint leaves, if desired.