2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
I've had this recipe for over 40 years, thought it was lost, but it finally surfaced! I've revised the recipe to work with my KA mixer however you can also use the dough cycle on your bread machine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, heat first 4 ingredients until very warm (120-130 degrees).
- 2In large mixing bowl combine warm liquid, 2 cups all-purpose flour and remaining ingredients.
- 3Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with paddle attachment.
- 4Change attachment to dough hook and in 1/2 cup increments add enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- 5Knead at Speed 2 with spiral dough hook until a dough starts to clean sides of bowl.
- 6Continue to knead until a satin ball has formed, about 2 more minutes.
- 7Place dough in oiled bowl, cover and let rise in warm, draft free place until doubled in size, about 60 minutes.
- 8Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9Punch down dough and divide into two balls and shape to fit loaf pans.
- 10Cover and place in warm place to rise until doubled in size, 45-60 minutes.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Bake for 40-50 minutes until deep golden brown and loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped.
- 13If desired brush tops with butter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashion Honey Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 258.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g