Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making these brownies since I was a new bride.I promise you they are excellent!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted (2 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted (1 square)
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- Thoroughly cream butter, sugar, and vanilla; beat in eggs then blend in melted chocolate.
- Stir in the flour and chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cream butter, vanilla, and salt; gradually add 1 cup confectioners' sugar, creaming until light. Add melted chocolate and remaining confectioners' sugar.Add the milk or cream. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled brownies.