Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother only made this on Sunday after church. It was good.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 -5 lbs frying chickens
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix to blend the.
- ingredients thoroughly. To use, dip the chicken pieces in egg mixture and then into.
- dry coating mix and back into egg to coat the pieces evenly but lightly.
- and finally back into dry mix. Have oil piping hot in heavy skillet.
- Brown pieces skin side down for 4 to 6 minutes. Use medium high heat.
- Turn and brown underside of pieces a few minutes. Transfer to an oiled.
- or Pam sprayed 9x12x2 pan. Cover pan in foil, sealing it on only 3 sides.
- of pan. Bake at 350F for about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil. Bake.
- another 5 minutes just to crisp the coating.