Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so easy to make and is wonderful.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, flour, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until knife tip comes out clean, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
I think I did something wrong....mine came out all chewy and dry. Although the flavor was good (I was missing the vanilla so I skipped it - could that be what I did wrong?) I'm not such a good baker, so probably something I did wrong....
LOVED IT! I've always wanted to try buttermilk pie and now I'm so glad I did! This is pure comfort food and I loved the crunchy top. I also loved how quick and easy it was to make. For a standard 9" homemade crust, need to increase filling by at least 50%.
absolutely awesome! Made this for thanksgiving, and my guests adored it (and, ps, ate the whole thing)! on a side note, I'll be doubling the filling to make a fuller pie - great recipe, thank you, Nimz!