1/2 Photos of Old Fashion' Buttermilk Pancakes
If there's anything that I'm fussy about eating, it's pancakes!!! The biggest mistake people make when making pancake batter is overmixing...you want the batter as lumpy as possible! Any old time cook will testify to THAT!!! I used to be night manager at a small town Mom & Pop cafe in the early 70's. The owner was a cranky old Norwegian that taught me many things about cafe cooking & this pancake recipe was one of them! The cafe has since been long gone & so is Andy & I miss both of them dearly! I've made these for so many years, I just throw it together, so I hope I got everything "write"! LOL!!! EVERYONE that's had these pancakes, especially our nine Grandkids, LOVE 'em!!! This makes a huge batch, but you can cut it in half if need be.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1DO NOT USE ANY ELECTRIC MIXERS OF ANY KIND WHEN MAKING THESE!
- 2Melt butter in small pan or microwave & set aside to cool, but not harden.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, baking powder, soda, vanilla & salt.
- 4Add the buttermilk & stir until well blended.
- 5Add the flour, starting with 1 cup & then ½ cup at a time, stirring until flour is JUST moistened -- you want a medium-thick batter.
- 6Gently, but thoroughly, stir in the cooled, melted butter.
- 7Ladle onto a hot griddle to desired size.
- 8When cakes have bubbles all over, they're ready to flip.
- 9Cook 2-3 more minutes -- flip one more time & cook for 10-15 seconds to get a slight "glaze".
- 10Serve on a warm platter with some good REAL Maple syrup or any of your favorite toppings.
- 12NOTE: This batter does NOT keep well, so use it wisely ASAP!
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashion' Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 871.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g