1/1 Photo of Old Fashion Butter Pound Cake
1 hr 30 mins
This is my wife's pound cake recipe and it is the best that I have ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- 3*IMPORTANT - ALLOW ALL INGREDIENTS TO REACH ROOM TEMPERATURE*.
- 4With mixer on low speed, cream the butter until soft; slowly add sugar while mixer is running.
- 5Once all the sugar has been added, beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- 6Slowly add eggs, one at a time, mixing each egg well into the creamed mixture.
- 7Add the flour and salt, mix until smooth.
- 8Add vanilla extract and milk; mix until smooth.
- 9Pour into the loaf pan.
- 10Bake for 75 to 90 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashion Butter Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1084 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4213.2
- Calories from Fat 1898
- Total Fat 210.9 g
- Saturated Fat 125.1 g
- Cholesterol 1420.1 mg
- Sodium 3154.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 527.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 335.2 g
- Protein 59.6 g