Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is my wife's pound cake recipe and it is the best that I have ever had.
Make and share this Old Fashion Butter Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- *IMPORTANT - ALLOW ALL INGREDIENTS TO REACH ROOM TEMPERATURE*.
- With mixer on low speed, cream the butter until soft; slowly add sugar while mixer is running.
- Once all the sugar has been added, beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, one at a time, mixing each egg well into the creamed mixture.
- Add the flour and salt, mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and milk; mix until smooth.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 75 to 90 minutes or until golden brown.
I can't believe no one has tried this recipe!! It is good!! Rich butter cake!!! If you are looking for something RICH and buttery...this is the cake to try. So easy to make as well. I was a little worried cos no baking soda or powder was needed in the recipe, and I thought I was being smart by adding 1 teaspoon in...NOT needed....I think it would have been fine anyway. Beautiful cake...great colour.. rises well. Can't go wrong!! Try it. I added Classic Buttercream Frosting #10211 by ~Christine~ to top it off. Served plain and it would still be good!! 5 stars for sure!!
I tried this recipe and it tastes excellent. People complained about the cake being dry, so I altered it a bit. To make it creamier and moist, I added 1/4 cup half and half, instead of 1 tablespoon milk. I added an additional 1/2 stick of butter.
The result is great. The cake did split a bit in the middle, but the result is tasty and moist.
My little brother was visiting from out of town and we were up really late last night and started to crave something sweet. He was about to go out to a 24-hour store when I got the bright idea to make a cake from scratch. Mind you, I have NEVER baked a cake from scratch. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try. I took the advice from another reviewer to increase the milk to 1/4 cup. It was super simple to follow and it looked amazing when it was done (I am definitely going to get a picture next time). When I cut my brother a slice, he was prepared to laugh. He took one bite and his eyes got wide. He said, "If I weren't sitting here the whole time watching you make this, I would have sworn you went out and bought this!" It was WONDERFUL. Again, I have NEVER baked a cake from scratch! If I can make this and make it taste good, this is a GREAT recipe!