1/1 Photo of Old Fashion Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
easy recipe... truly Canadian recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups white bread or 7 cups egg bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups half and half milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1Place the bread cubes in a 9 x 13 buttered glass pan.
- 2Sprinkle the raisins over the bread.
- 3Drizzle on the melted butter, do not mix into the bread cubes and raisins.
- 4Set this aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat eggs until broken up and blend in the sugars, nutmeg, half and half and the milk.
- 6DO NOT OVER BEAT THIS MIXTURE JUST COMBINE.
- 7Pour the mixture over the cubes and raisins and let it all soak in, gently patting the bread down into the milk every now and then.
- 8Sprinkle the top with a grating of more nutmeg.
- 9Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 10Bake the pudding for 50 minutes, checking about the 40 minute mark, that its not getting too brown-- If it is cover with foil loosely.
- 11Bake until pudding is puffy all over and golden.
- 12Remove to rack to cool.
- 13Sauce-- In a saucepot over med.
- 14heat, melt the butter, and brown sugar.
- 15Bring to a boil, and remove from the heat.
- 16Whisk in the salt, vanilla, and milk.
- 17The sauce can be made ahead, then warmed in the microwave-- Cut cooled pudding into squares, and top each with hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashion Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g