Recipe by Dolittle57
Very good served slightly warm with Ice cream and recipe has been in family for over 100 years
Top Review by Mirj
I baked the cobbler this morning for tonight's dessert, but I may have to make another one by then, I had to have a taste, the BH had to have a taste, and before we knew it, we had cobbler for breakfast and it's half gone! Berries aren't in season here, and I used frozen blueberries. I also used soymilk so the dessert wouldn't be dairy. With a dash of vanilla thrown in this is a dessert worth handing down to deserving generations!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups marionberries (Berries can be frozen, just add 3-5 minutes more cooking time) or 3 cups your favorite type berries (Berries can be frozen, just add 3-5 minutes more cooking time)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add milk on slow speed.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet a couple of tablespoon at a time, until smooth.
- Batter should be very thick paste, turn out into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan, put berries on top of batter, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, and pour 2 1/2 cups boiling water over top, dot with remaining 3 tbsp butter.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.