Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great and easy dish to make. My family loves this. It is an old family recipe!
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups potatoes
- Roll the meat in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the meat on all sides.
- Stir in the garlic, thyme and beef stock. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add parsley, celery leaves, onion and bay leaf.
- Cov er and simmer for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
great recipe...I added 1 cup of red wine...I added the potatoes carrots and celery after simmering the beef for about an hour then let it simmer for about another 45 minutes
I'm giving this recipe 5-stars based on flavor alone, although there is a problem with the recipe itself as it doesn't say what to do with the potatoes and carrots. I decided to make it in a slow cooker so I didn't have to babysit it. I placed the chopped potatoes and carrots in the bottom while the beef was browning on the stove-top. Then I added the beef stock, the beef cubes and the rest of the ingredients. I also added a 1/4 cup of sherry. I cooked it for 8-hours on low. Yummy! Made for Potluck tag 2010.