1/1 Photo of Old Fashined Oatmeal Cookies With Variations
I like this as the basic oatmeal cookie. There are many variations, a few are below. I am going to try this with steel cut oats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil (or another veggie oil. Butter is good, but not needed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (DO NOT use instant oats)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F I use silpat on my cookie sheets, if you don't use parchment paper or lightly grease the cookie sheets.
- 2Beat the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla untl creamy.
- 3Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. If you are using cinnamon and or nutmeg, mix it in now.
- 4Hand mix into the beaten mixture.
- 5Mix in any variation you are going to use. A total of 1-1.5 cups of add ins is all you need.
- 6Drop by teaspoon full on your baking sheet.
- 7Bake 12-14 minutes.
- 8Yield will increase with add ins.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashined Oatmeal Cookies With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (1415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1044.2
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 494.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 83.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g