Recipe by Buster's friend
These are too good not to have on the Christmas trays. Easy peasy too. Found on the Old Farmer's Almanac site. Delicious & great to have in the fridge to slice & bake with a cuppa something warm. The original posting states "You can double this recipe, make two cookie logs, and keep one in the freezer for slice-and-bake cookies on demand." I recommend hiding the second log... deep in the freezer. Note - may need up to 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Stir together flour, salt, and baking powder and add to sugar-egg-butter mix, mixing well. Stir in nuts.
- Form dough into a 2-inch-diameter log and wrap in foil or waxed paper. Chill for 12 to 24 hours.
- Slice and bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 400 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.