Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I just came across this recipe in an old "Edith Adams Christmas Baking" flyer. She was the nutritionist for the Vancouver Sun newspaper and THE guru of Vancouver house wives (a local Martha Stewart of the forties and fifties)' Store this cake as you would any Christmas cake. A nice change from dark fruit cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb chopped citrus peel, candied
- 1⁄2 lb cherries, cut in half
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 lb light raisins
- Soften butter and beat with the sugar.
- Add well beaten eggs, beat together.
- Add flour gradually.
- Add fruit last.
- Bake in paper lined tins in 325 oven for apprx 2 hours or until done, nice and golden on top Keep the cake for a few weeks before using.