Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite appetizers....and what a wonderful aroma while they are baking. They disappear from any party!
- 2 (5 ounce) jars Kraft Old English cheese spread (Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beau monde spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf very thin sliced white bread (just thin-sliced sandwich bread will work)
- Cream together all ingredients except bread.
- Cut crusts from 27 slices of bread.
- Spread three slices with the cheese mixture.
- Placing on large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, stack the three slices; then spread tops and sides of stack with more cheese.
- (Spread the sides kind of thin).
- Repeat with remaining bread.
- Place tray in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove, and carefully cut each stack into 9 squares.
- You can then freeze by placing squares in a large ziploc freezer bag, or, Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until golden brown.