1/2 Photos of Old English Beer Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
Different and delightful. Raisins, almonds, lemon peel, and beer delectably perk up the flavor of this rich dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For crust, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add beer 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork. Shape dough into a ball. Chill.
- 2Roll out on floured surface to a 13- to 14-inch circle. Fold in quarters. Gently unfold in a 8-inch springform pan. Even edge of crust so it extends about 2 inches up sides of pan (1 1/2 inches up sides if using a 10 inch pan). Prick all over with fork.
- 3Bake at 425 degrees 10 minutes. Prick again and press to sides. Bake 10 minutes more or until slightly golden.
- 4For filling, mix chopped raisins, almonds, and peel.
- 5Process cottage cheese, flour and eggs until smooth, using food processor or electric blender. (Do in several batches in blender.).
- 6Add sugar, beer, and nutmeg; blend until smooth. Stir in raisin mixture. Pour into cooled shell.
- 7Bake at 300 degrees 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until set. Cool to room temperature for serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar and top with whole unblanched almonds.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old English Beer Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 273.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g