Recipe by Szarlotka
lovely creamy & comforting...
Top Review by Saturn
WONDERFUL! This soup has a nice light flavour that was perfect for the family today. None of us are real soup eaters but we all inhaled this. Even the pickiest eater went back for more! I did sub out the cream for 2% milk though as that was all I had on hand. I don't feel that anything was lacking though and I will do it again. Thank you SO much for posting this! It is nice to have a soup that the whole family will eat.
- 300 g gammon steaks
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the onions and the celery and fry in butter.
- When softened and translucent add diced carrots.
- Cube the gammon ( approx 1 x 1 cm cubes) and add to the mixture.
- Let simmer for a few minutes frequently stirring.
- Add the cubed potatoes, the chicken stock and marjoram.
- Let simmer for approx 30 minutes till the potatoes start breaking up ( use a flowery variety such as King Edward).
- Take off the heat and add the cream.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh dill.