Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite layered dip for football season or any occasion where a dip is required.
- 2 (16 ounce) cansold el paso refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Old El Paso taco sauce, mild,medium,or hot,divided usage
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- fresh tomato, diced
- black sliced ripe olives
- tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together refried beans, green chilies, and taco seasoning mix.
- Spread on a 12-inch round serving platter.
- Blend avocados, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup taco sauce until smooth.
- Spread on top of refried bean mixture.
- Spread sour cream on top of avocado mixture.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, olive slices, and taco sauce.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Love it. The only thing I didn't add was the avocados because well I didnt have any : )