Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is from a Redpack Plum Tomatoes label. I didn't want to lose it, so I'm posting it here. It is great over pasta or on Italian rolls. I don't always use red bell peppers, mostly all green.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and easy-to-make weeknight meal which we served over egg noodles. Next time I may add a bit more garlic or seasoning to kick it up a notch, but was very good just as it is. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes in puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and peppers; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (I smoosh these with a potato masher), oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes, until peppers are soft and sausage is cooked through.