Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't decide whether to old oatmeal or pancake for brunch? Have these Oatmeal pancakes instead! They are sooo wonderful and your kitchen will smell incredible! A coworker gave me this recipe - our brunch table is never the same again!
- melted butter, for pan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal, ground (We use the coffee grinder to make a flour out of the oatmeal)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the egg, and blend in the wet ingredients.
- Stir into the dry ingredients carefully to eliminated lumps, but do not overbeat.
- Melt a pat of butter in the pan before cooking each pancake.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup mixture for each pancake.
- The mix may be runny, so be sure the pancakes do not run together.
- Cook about a minute on each side.
- Serve warm.
- We recommend real maple syrup for these!
My grandchildren even ask for them on their birthday! I do not grind up the oatmeal so I am still playing with the actual measurment on that. Thanks so much for sharing!