Recipe by Izzy Knight
Can't decide whether to old oatmeal or pancake for brunch? Have these Oatmeal pancakes instead! They are sooo wonderful and your kitchen will smell incredible! A coworker gave me this recipe - our brunch table is never the same again!
- melted butter, for pan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal, ground (We use the coffee grinder to make a flour out of the oatmeal)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the egg, and blend in the wet ingredients.
- Stir into the dry ingredients carefully to eliminated lumps, but do not overbeat.
- Melt a pat of butter in the pan before cooking each pancake.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup mixture for each pancake.
- The mix may be runny, so be sure the pancakes do not run together.
- Cook about a minute on each side.
- Serve warm.
- We recommend real maple syrup for these!