I found this in a cookbook called "Like Grandma Used To Make" and my family loved it.
Make and share this Old-Country Bacon and Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium potatoes or 1 1⁄4 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 large green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, until almost tender. Cool slightly. Peel, if you like, then slice. Leave tiny new potatoes unpeeled and whole.
- In a 10 inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving bacon drippings.
- Add green onions to the reserved drippings and cook until tender but not brown. Stir in the flour, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper and cook one minute. Add the water and vinegar and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Carefully stir in potatoes and bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.