Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good camping recipe, or when you are on board and have just found some yummy oysters.
- Boil the rice and keep hot and dry.
- Cut off the top crust of the bread.
- Hollow out the inside.
- Fry the oysters.
- Butter the inside of the loaf well and place in the oven to brown.
- Fill with the hot fried oysters.
- The top of the loaf of bread may be buttered, toasted and placed on the oysters to retain the heat, although the oysters stay more crispy if served uncovered.
- Serve on a platter with hot boiled rice which is seasoned, dotted with butter, and garnished with minced parsley and paprika.
- Note: A finely minced clove of garlic may be used to flavor the butter.