Recipe by sdnmhess
A 3rd place ribbon winner from Old Bay's 1989 Cookbook.
Top Review by Tweater
This is the best seafood chowder you will ever make. We use salmon, crab, scallops, and shrimp and do not add the cheese. Also we cut back on the Old Bay to about 2 teaspoons. Everyone asks for the recipe.
- 1 lb frozen haddock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 chopped carrots
- 3 sliced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cansundiluted chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package small shrimp
- 1 lb chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish enough to cut into cubes.
- In large saucepan, melt butter and add vegetbles; cook until onions are transparent.
- Blend in flour, salt and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add Chicken broth and milk and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Add haddock, shrimp and crab meat and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Serve hot.