Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
TO ADD LATER
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (approx)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 white mushrooms, chopped finely
- Bring the water to a boil and add a dash of salt and the olive oil, then put in the rice.
- Lower the heat, cover, and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Keep covered, turn off the heat, and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- While the rice is sitting, measure out the walnuts and steam the mushrooms in a vegetable steamer, over hot water, or in a microwave steambag. Or just toss them in raw.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and mix in the Old Bay to your liking, then add the walnuts and mushroom bits.