Recipe by Scrivener1
I found this recipe at http://www.heavenlytiramisu.com/, and I edited it, slightly. It is very rich and worth it! NOTE: "Cooking time is 'chill' time."
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 36 -40 ladyfingers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups strong coffee or 2 1⁄2 cups espresso
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and almost heavy ribbons.
- Mix in the 1/3 cup Kahlua.
- Whip in the cheese, in small blocks, being careful not to over-whip.
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream with a pinch of salt to firm peaks.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, dip the lady fingers in the coffee, long enough to add flavor but not so long that they fall apart. Quickly place them in the pan, coffee-side up.
- Fill the pan completely and put roughly half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the lady fingers. Do not worry about having to little because the excess will soak down from the second layer.
- After spreading the mixture evenly, repeat with a second layer.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight, covered with aluminum foil (hopefully, you can wait a whole day).
- Before serving, sprinkle sifted cocoa powder and you have a dessert that's sure to please anyone.