Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe originally came from McCormick. The dried herb McCormick's version is pratically perfect but recently, I tried substituting fresh herbs for the dried version and it was amazing. My children don't like shrimp, but they love the pasta tossed in the sauce from this dish. I've substituted chicken for the shrimp also which they love.
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- Combine Old Bay seasoning with spices, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add shrimp; turn to coat throughly. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir shrimp mixture 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and curl up.
- Serve over pasta.
This is one of my favorite dishes I've found on here. My boyfriend first made it for me using frozen jumbo shrimp that we bought from Costco. They were very juicy and perfect with this sauce. I made it another time using frozen smaller shrimp; good but nowhere as good as using the jumbo ones. I've also tried doubling the sauce, but thought it was too much. The shrimp have a lot of flavor so I think if the pasta is a bit plainer they go quite well together.
very good! I used chipotle powder and served it over jasmani rice.
Easy and super flavorful. I'd like to figure out a way to make more sauce. Thanks for sharing---