Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Old Bay - This salad - creamy in texture with crunchy bits of celery and plump shrimp - is very tasty! It can be served up on crackers, in a croissant or rolled in lettuce bowls. Tomato-lovers, try it stuffed in a fresh tomato. Think quick lunch or light supper. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- your favorite lettuce (optional)
- croissants (optional) or sandwich roll (optional)
- Cook shrimp: In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil. Add unpeeled shrimp. Cover. Cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Drain. Cool shrimp. Remove shells and devein.
- In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients. Add shrimp. Toss to coat, then cover.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Stir before serving on a bed of lettuce or in a croissant/sandwich roll.
Thanks! I was looking for a Shrimp Salad my mom use to make with
Old Bay and celery and this is it. Great on bread also!
Thank you Nif for wonderfully tasty light lunch, I scaled this back to 1 serve but was wishing I had doubled it but I practised portion control and only had one. I think this could be a really good entree for a dinner party, the prawns look so good nestled in the lettuce leaf (I used iceberg). Thanks once again Nif, made for 123 Hit Wonders.
THis is an awesome salad. It doesn't keep but you won't ever have any leftovers anyway...Soooo good. Thanks for sharing Nif.