Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Delicious recipe! I use beer instead of water when I boil my shrimp and added 2 chicken bouillon cubes to the pot while bring the beer up to a boil. I also felt that the flavor of the 1/4c of Old Bay Seasoning was enough so I deleted the 3/4tsp when making the salad. I also added some crab meat to this salad and omitted the lemon juice and used Ms.Dash lemon pepper seasoning. It was a HUGE hit at the lake this past weekend. Everyone loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 green lettuce leaves
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 quarts water and 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning to boil in a large pot; add in shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Pour shrimp into a 13x9 inch pan to cool.
- Peel shrimp and devein; chop shrimp.
- In a bowl, stir the celery and next 5 ingredients together; stir in shrimp.
- Cover and chill 2 or more hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with assorted crackers.