Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you have the ingredients on hand this is a less expensive way to go-a must for crab cakes and shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon bay leaf powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- Combine well and store in an airtight continer.
Thank you for posting the Recipe for Old Bay Seasoning. I had not been able to find it in our area. I have found several recipes that called for it. I made up some this morning. I am making up some and putting into little spice jars for Christmas gifts. Also including recipes.
A very good substitute for Old Bay Seasoning. I did use the optional ground mace and ground cardamom. To compare, I tasted this mix and Old Bay Seasoning. The only change I'd make is to double the celery salt next time. Thanks Marj..this is a good copycat recipe!
Pretty darn good. I did a side by side taste testing. I thought it needed a bit more celery salt. It's sure got kick! Thanks for posting DiB!