1/2 Photos of Old Bay Prawns/Shrimp in Wine With a Spicy Cream Dip
French Tart's Note:
A light and luscious meal of Old Bay poached prawns/shrimp, just perfect for an elegant “ladies who lunch” party or a balmy summer evening on the terrace……I used king prawns for this recipe and I also used a high quality ready-made mayonnaise for the dip, for ease and speed, although I do have a great recipe for home made mayonnaise on the site here: Michelle's French Mayonnaise in a Flash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg king prawns or 1 kg shrimp, raw and unpeeled
- 2 glasses dry white wine, I used Chardonnay
- 1 small shallots or 1 small onion, peeled and diced finely
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced finely
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons high quality ready-made mayonnaise or 6 tablespoons home-made mayonnaise
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce or 3 dashes any other hot chili sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules or 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Put the prawns/shrimp into a large pan and add the wine, lemon halves, onion or shallot and garlic. Add the water to just cover the prawns/shrimp, and then add the Old Bay seasoning. Stir well.
- 2Cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and cooked. Strain the prawns/shrimp (keeping the cooking liquor for a soup or fish sauce ~ I often freeze it until I need it.) and place them into a large bowl.
- 3Allow lots of paper napkins and a spare bowl for the prawn/shrimp peelings and eat immediately with a mixed salad, crusty bread and the spicy dip.
- 4To make the dip, just whiz or mix all the ingredients together and taste before adjusting the seasoning ~ we like it very spicy. Serve in a separate bowl or in individual dishes with the prawns/shrimp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Bay Prawns/Shrimp in Wine With a Spicy Cream Dip
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 320.7 mg
- Sodium 1597.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning