Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
An Appetizer that is sure to please them even if they don't like crab!
Top Review by Parrot Head Mama
This was really tasty. I used canned crab, swiss cheese and dried, minced onion. I also doubled the recipe (based on the recipe that said 1 cheeseball served 10 people) but only used the 3 T. of Old Bay (the seasoning can be a bit overpowering for my tastes). I also substituted crisp, crumbled bacon for the pecans. It was REALLY good, but I had a lot of leftovers. I will make this again, but don't know if the "10 servings" description was accurate.
- 1 lb crabmeat, patted dry & finely shredded (I use a food processor.)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crab meat, cream cheese, salad dressing, onions, shredded cheese and spices with a mixer.
- Chill mixture 1 hour.
- Mixture should be thick enough to shape into 2 balls or logs.
- Roll in the crushed pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
- I stated that it only feeds 10 because it's gone very quickly!