Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Appetizer that is sure to please them even if they don't like crab!
- 1 lb crabmeat, patted dry & finely shredded (I use a food processor.)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- Mix crab meat, cream cheese, salad dressing, onions, shredded cheese and spices with a mixer.
- Chill mixture 1 hour.
- Mixture should be thick enough to shape into 2 balls or logs.
- Roll in the crushed pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
- I stated that it only feeds 10 because it's gone very quickly!
This was really tasty. I used canned crab, swiss cheese and dried, minced onion. I also doubled the recipe (based on the recipe that said 1 cheeseball served 10 people) but only used the 3 T. of Old Bay (the seasoning can be a bit overpowering for my tastes). I also substituted crisp, crumbled bacon for the pecans. It was REALLY good, but I had a lot of leftovers. I will make this again, but don't know if the "10 servings" description was accurate.
We loved this! I made it for a holiday gathering with friends. Two of them wanted the recipe. I will make this often.
I used imitation crab meat and mozarella cheese in this cheese ball. I also subbed real mayo for the Miracle Whipe. Everyone really like the flavor. My husband (who claims to not like cheese balls) devoured the little bit that was left after the party. Will add this to my holiday rotation.