Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love fried green tomatoes! These have a buttermilk batter seasoned with Old Bay.
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 green tomato
- Heat fryer oil to 350°.
- Slice green tomato about 1/2-inch thick.
- Mix both flours and Old Bay Seasoning together.
- Dredge tomato slices in flour mixture to completely coat it, then in buttermilk, and then back into flour mixture.
- Place into fryer and cook until golden brown.
Fabulous! I do recommend adding additional seasonings to taste..but this is a wonderful recipe!!! SO YUMMY!!!!
HOLY S***! MANNA FROM HEAVEN!!! I made a double batch of flour mixture & made 4 tomatoes worth. They will be gone in an instant. SOOOO DELICIOUS!! And I like the deep frying...no more messing with burnt flour gooing up the fry pan. I, of course, used my cast iron skillet. THANK YOU!
Yummy! I made these with thinned plain yogurt in place of the buttermilk and had enough coating, etc., for 3 medium size tomatoes. I have made fried green tomatoes many times using a combination of flour and corn meal but never with the cornflour. These turned out super crisp and were served as an appetizer with ranch dressing. Made for *Aussie Swap*