Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the recipe on the cans of Old Bay seasoning.They are good.
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed milk
- 1 lb special crabmeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- oil (for frying)
- Break bread in small pieces and moisten with milk; combine with remaining ingredients.
- Shape into patties.
- Fry quickly in 3 or 4 tablespoons hot oil until brown.
- Serves 6.
I have a similar recipe that calls for 4 tbsp. milk and for the mayo you can use low fat and my recipe only uses spray oil for the broiler pan and crab cakes since it is a no-fry recipe! Broil 5 min. per side. I think it was in a parenting magazine.
My first attempt at making crab cakes. I used the one-pound can of crab from Costo to make these. The mixture seemed a little watery, but maybe I added too much milk. However, they cooked up just fine and tasted great. I made this as a main dish and it made enough to serve 3 people. As an appetizer, it would probably serve 6.