Recipe by smartin202
I'm always experimenting and came up with this a few years ago. It is always a hit at get togethers. It is versatile also, you can add more or less of any of the ingredients to your liking or omit the spinach if you prefer. I love it as is though. Thanks and enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 -4 ounces chopped fresh spinach, hard stem removed
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, cubed small
- 3 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cubed small
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, Old Bay Seasoning, onion powder, and black pepper together in a bowl until well blended (Tip: try using lesser amount of the Old Bay Seasoning until your desired preference is reached).
- Mix in the spinach. (Tip: Once I blended the spinach in a food processor to speed up the time but I did not like how it turned out this way. I recommend taking the few minutes to chop it by hand into about 1/4 inch pieces.).
- Mix in the crab and cheddar cheese. (I like Cabot or McAdam cheeses).
- Serve with crackers or chips.