1/2 Photos of Old Bay Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
1 hr 10 mins
Kelly M.'s Note:
Old Bay with ribs you say? YES! Old Bay seasoning is not just for seafood. This recipe includes a great rub using Old Bay Seasoning. Easy to prepare and fast, especially if you boil the ribs in advance. Barbecue time is only 20 minutes! GASP!-Yes I said boil. I know many say boiling boils out all the flavor, but these ribs are as tasty as can be. Cook time does not include standing time of 20 minutes to 24 hours. These can be finished either on the grill or in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut ribs into 3 or 4 rib sections.
- 2Place ribs in a large stockpot along with onion and garlic.
- 3Cover with water and bring to a full boil.
- 4Cover pot and lower heat to simmer, and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Old Bay seasoning and brown sugar together, mixing well.
- 6After 45 minutes, carefully remove ribs from stockpot and place on a platter and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 7Rub ribs with seasoning mix.
- 8Let ribs stand with rub anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours, wrapping and refrigerating if longer than 20 minutes (I make mine the morning of the day I'm planning on barbecuing them).
- 9Before finishing, bring ribs back to room temperature if they have been refrigerated.
- 10If using the grill, preheat grill to medium or medium-high heat.
- 11Place ribs on grill and barbecue 5 minutes on each side, then baste with your favorite barbecue sauce and continue to grill about 5-10 minutes each side, until heated through.
- 12If finishing in the oven, preheat oven to 350°F and place ribs on shallow baking dish.
- 13Bake for about 10 minutes, then baste with sauce and bake another 10 minutes.
- 14Turn ribs over, baste the other side, and continue cooking about 10 minutes more, until heated through.
- 15Serve ribs with extra sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Bay Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (10746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.2
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 229.6 mg
- Sodium 216.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning