Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I read on somebody's page here on Zaar that they didn't like Old Bay Seasoning. Poor Old Bay! I was surprised by that and I got out my good ole' Old Bay. It is a mixture of some of the great seasonings out there,,,celery salt, mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon, and paprika. I thought it would taste good on asparagus so I tried it and I thought it was great! I hope you like it too!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, woody ends snipped off (1 bunch)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or just shake it over the asparagus)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or just shake this over too)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus onto a baking sheet.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and all of the other seasonings.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the asparagus are tender.
The kids and I loved this, DH wasn't so fond. I love Old Bay and am always excited to find new ways to make it! Served with Ground Beef in Sour Cream V-8 Noodles.