- 6 large red bell peppers
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce, separated, 1 1/2c for the filling
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo, with sauce (more, if you like it hot)
- 6 pieces cheddar cheese, small pieces for topping (about 1 inch square)
Directions See How It's Made
- With sharp paring knife, carefully remove peppers stems and seeds.
- Combine ingredients except the cheddar squares, fill all peppers finishing with the cheddar square.
- Spray a baking dish with vegetable cooking spray and set peppers upright in the dish.
- Pour the remaining green salsa over the peppers.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot, with steamed broccoli and a salad.