1/2 Photos of Oktoberfest Spinach Strudel
1 hr 10 mins
A delicious appetizer or side dish. Good for Oktoberfest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock, defatted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat free parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1Simmer onion and parsley in stock until tender; set aside.
- 2Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain, squeezing out excess liquid.
- 3Add onion mixture, bread crumbs, egg white, Parmesan, nutmeg and pepper; mix well.
- 4Place two phyllo sheets on a damp towel on work surface.
- 5Work quickly so that phyllo does not dry out.
- 6Spread half of spinach mixture along (about 1-inch inside) narrow edge of phyllo and roll up jelly-roll-style.
- 7Brush top and sides with skim milk.
- 8With sharp knife, cut several slits on top to vent steam.
- 9Place on baking sheet prepared with nonstick spray.
- 10Cover with another damp towel while repeating process with last two phyllo sheets and remaining spinach mixture.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- 12Cut each roll into six pieces.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oktoberfest Spinach Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 453.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free parmesan