A delicious appetizer or side dish. Good for Oktoberfest!
Make and share this Oktoberfest Spinach Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock, defatted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat free parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Simmer onion and parsley in stock until tender; set aside.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain, squeezing out excess liquid.
- Add onion mixture, bread crumbs, egg white, Parmesan, nutmeg and pepper; mix well.
- Place two phyllo sheets on a damp towel on work surface.
- Work quickly so that phyllo does not dry out.
- Spread half of spinach mixture along (about 1-inch inside) narrow edge of phyllo and roll up jelly-roll-style.
- Brush top and sides with skim milk.
- With sharp knife, cut several slits on top to vent steam.
- Place on baking sheet prepared with nonstick spray.
- Cover with another damp towel while repeating process with last two phyllo sheets and remaining spinach mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut each roll into six pieces.