Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I haven't tried this one before but it sounds great for a chilly October dinner.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 (32 ounce) jars sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 8 juniper berries
- 2 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tart green apples, cored and wedged
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Evenly layer ingredients into a large stew pot or Dutch oven in this order: Sauerkraut, juniper berries, onion, apples, brown sugar and ribs.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 2-3 hours, until ribs are very tender.
- Wine suggestion: Pour a chilled Gewurztraminer.