Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Posted in response to a request. I have not tried this recipe. Times are estimated. Source: "Our Favorite Recipes" St. Anthony Croatian Catholic Church
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups oleo
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring
- 1 lemon, peel grated
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- raisins or nuts or mixed fruit or poppy seed
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add all the flavorings and salt.
- Add flour and baking powder which you have mixed together, one cup at a time.
- Mix only long enough to make it creamy.
- Sprinkle a little flour on raisins or fruit mix if you add them.
- Or add nuts or poppy seed.
- Bake in tube pan or loaf pan for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes, or until done, at 325 F.