- 1 lb okra, small, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 lb fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the okra, wash, drain well and place in a dish with a little salt and the vinegar. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse well and dry completely.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan that has a lid. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the okra and cook, stirring frequently, until they are slightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and sugar.
- Cover the frying pan and simmer for about 30-45 minutes, or until tender.