Prep 50 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted for ZWT6 Greece leg of tour.
Make and share this Okra With Tomatoes -- Bamies Me Saltsa recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the okra, wash, drain well and place in a dish with a little salt and the vinegar. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse well and dry completely.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan that has a lid. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the okra and cook, stirring frequently, until they are slightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and sugar.
- Cover the frying pan and simmer for about 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
Tasty, easy, nutritious. Thanks!
Love this! My mom used to make this when we were growing up. We always had too many tomatoes and lots of okra from my grandma's farm. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT6 by an Unruly Under the Influence.