1/1 Photo of Okra With Green Chilli
Brian Holley's Note:
This is a very good side dish to accompany a curry. The use of fresh okra is important, tinned okra is too mushy. Simple and quick to make with just a few ingredients this is a must dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a processor blend half of the onion with the garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander and cumin, add a little water to make a thin paste.
- 2In a pan heat the oil and fry the remaining onions till golden and remove them and set aside.
- 3Add the spice mixture to the pan and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- 4Add the okra, lemon juice and 4 fluid oz of water, simmer till the okra is tender.
- 5Serve garnished with the fried onion.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra With Green Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: