Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and Easy Okra (Lady Fingers').
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 sliced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chile, crushed
- 3 teaspoons garlic, shredded
- 1⁄2 kg okra, split in half
- 250 g baby corn
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and deseeded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 green chilies, split
- Fry onions in hot oil. Add the onion seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds. Season with salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add shredded garlic and crushed red chillies.
- Fry till onions brown and stir in the okra. Add baby corn, green chillies, and coriander and lemon juice.
- Add tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.