Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs 5 mins
A cold salad side dish.
- 2 lbs okra pods
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 12 large butter lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet over medium heat in 1 inch of boiling water heat okra and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl with a fork mix together 1 1/4 teaspoons salt with the oil and remaining ingredients except pimento and lettuce.
- With a slotted spoon remove okra and add to oil mixture along with pimento.
- Stir and chill 4 hours up to overnight.
- In 6 bowls line each with 2 leaves of lettuce and arrange okra evenly.